This myth creates the illusion of a danger that has no basis in reality.
- Men wanting to abuse women will dress up in order to go into women’s locker rooms and restrooms.
- Transgender women are not to be trusted
- Transgender women are not really women, they are men in women’s clothes.
Bathroom Ordinances have been proposed around the country, clearly meant to incite fear and panic and form alliances even though there is NO EVIDENCE of transgender people harming women. The statistics are quite the contrary.
- Transgender people generally prefer using the bathroom or locker room that matches their gender identity, not the one that corresponds with the gender they were assigned at birth.
- There is no evidence to support the claim that transgender people are a danger to women.