This myth may be the single most potent weapon for stoking public fears about homosexuality, and to incite people to vote against LGBTQ+ rights.
- All gay men are dangerous.
- LGBTQ+ people cannot be trusted with children.
Child molesters are:
- 77% married.
- 93% followed a religious observance.
- More than 46% had some college education.
- 30% high school graduates.
- 65% employed.
- 90% of child molesters abuse children in their family; children they parent, nieces and nephews or grandchildren or children in their social circle.
Excerpted from the Stop Molestation Book, by Gene G. Abel, M.D., and Nora Harlow (Xlibris 2001) (Study text revised April 2002)