This is the most pervasive myth about transgender people — and the one myth that underpins much of the discrimination they face — is it that they’re somehow confused or actively misleading others by identifying with a gender different from the one assigned to them at birth?
- Transgender people do not understand their gender identity.
- Transgender people need guidance about who they are.
- Something is wrong with what they believe.
Where does gender identity come from?
Assigned Birth Sex – Video Coming Soon
Gender Identity – Video Coming Soon
The David Reimer Story – Video Coming Soon
- Biological sex is much more than external reproductive organs.
- We are confused by what we do not understand.
- Gender identity is our internal sense of being a woman, a man, another gender or neither.
- Gender identity is a reflection of cultural and social norms.
- A person’s gender identity is not necessarily visible, we must be told what it is.